Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A feeling of Uncertainty

Last Friday justin was laid off from his job of 5.5 years. He had been feeling like something wasn't quite right. He was worried, and I kept trying to pull his spirits up and not let things get the best of him. Well he left for work, and just like what he had thought, his boss called him in to his office. There stood the V.P. and his supervisor. They both said the day would be hard and Justin agreed with them. They proceeded to tell him that they have tried everything to keep him. But the company is not doing so well. They finally had to let him go. So now here we are, in a world of unemployment. We both have been looking very hard for a job. But nothing yet. I am trying to do everything I can to help keep Justin's spirits up. I feel so bad and we both feel so useless at this point. His number one thing is being able to provide for his family, so right now he is fighting to not be depressed about it. I sit and wonder, where is this going to take us? Are we going to be able to stay here? Will we have to move, and if so where? Will this ultimately take us back to Utah? I've had nightmares of having to say goodbye to the family we have formed here. We have so many great friends, that it would deffinantly be very hard to do. But at the same time if it did take us back to Utah my kids might actually be able to grow up with their relatives around them. My other concerns are what happens if we don't find something soon? What will we do?

The uncertainty is what is killing Justin and I.

No comments: