Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Trip to Utah

On June 14th the girls and I embarked on our first trip out to Utah without Justin. I will break it down into 3 blogs. The first week, The princess Festival, and the second week! First we stopped in St. George and saw my Dad for lunch. It was the first time in 4 years that I and Issy had seen him. 6 years since the other two had seen him. It was so good to spend a little time with him again. He couldn't get over how different the girls all look and act. Then we continued our drive to Nephi, and met up with Brittany for dinner. As always spending time with my sister is one of the greatest things on earth. I love that girl! We finished it with our final Destination at my friend Julie's home in Saratoga Springs. Her and her lovely family took us in for the week. Thank you so much Jules for allowing us to come and stay with you! We had so much fun! Our kids all got to spend time together and get to know each other. It was awesome! During the week I also took the girls to see their Grandpa Jim, their Grandma Corinne, Aunt Robin/her kids, and Also Ken and Vickie came out to Julie's house for a Bbq. We had lots of fun with everyone.

Chelsey took this pic of Issy crashed out on the car ride out to Utah. I was surprised my girls did such a great job with the long travel, even without movies to watch. Issy stayed awake for most of it, but took a nap towards the end of the ride.
After 4 years of not seeing each other, it was sure great to see my Dad! We had a nice little lunch with him and then stopped and saw him again when we headed home.

The girls with their Grandpa Randy! Issy of course was a little shy, but the other two had no problem at all. They loved talking with their Grandpa and telling him about their life as if they have seen him everyday!

My first Hostess! Julie has been one of my best friends for about 10 years now. It was fun to stay at her house and get to know her 3 kids!
This is Veronica, or Roni for short. She sure is a cutie!
Swimming at Grandpa Jims is always a favorite past time with the girls!
Ok so Ken and Vickie came out to Julie's house for a Bbq. I took this pic to send to Justin because ever since Chelsey was born we have joked that Ken is her father. Just because they have the same red hair and complexion. Its really funny, and will always probably be an inside joke to us. It was good to see them, and also their son Michael who is 16 and huge!! He is about 6'3" or so! A giant next to me.
Spending time with Robin, Grandma Corinne and Robin's Kids. Little Katie and I at Texas Roadhouse about to eat some delicious dinner after a full day of Bowling, painting nails, and playing with cousins.
Issy was trying so hard to bowl and knock down the pins. But I think she is like me...Bowling doesn't agree with her... ha ha
Katie trying to hide or play peek a boo with me..
Kylee getting ready to bowl, after the first couple times she stopped using the ramp.
Chelsey throwing her ball down the lane.....
We celebrated Taylors 7th b-day at Texas Roadhouse. They put him on this saddle chair and we sang to him.
All us girls at Julie's house before we head out for our next destination. Aaron and Ammon was at a father & sons campout. Thanks so much Julie again for hosting us :)


1 comment:

Julie said...

It was fun to have you guys here! I sure enjoyed it and the kids I think all had such a good time :)