Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A LONG 24 HOURS

Yesterday was a very BAD day! I woke up to Justin calling me at 7:15 and telling me he was in alot of pain in his lower left stomach. So I called and talked the nurse line and we decided to go to urgent care. After sitting in Urgent care for 3 hrs and doing all sorts of lab tests and xrays they decided he had the stomach flu. So we went home to have him rest. Well he had noticed his joints in his legs had started to hurt. But he figured it was from regular arthritis. After a couple hours they really kicked in and he was in real pain. He lasted through the day but was very uncomfortable. We also noticed a small patch on the back of his left thigh that had heat coming from it and a small rash appearing. I put some benadryl on it thinking that would help. Justin tried to go to bed and came out 45 mins later so there is no way and just in shear pain. So we called yet again to the nurse line and they told him to go to the ER. After talking to my mom who has been in the health care field for a long time and getting more advice from her. Justin finally went down at midnight. An hour later he was home...they found out that he had the early stage of an infection that most likely came from some sort of bite from a spider or something that he reacted to. Finally after 1:30am we both got to bed. I am so tired and I am sure Justin is even more than me. I'm hoping we are on the down slope of all this and we can enjoy our 4th of July weekend.

No comments: