Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July 2010

This year for the 4th we stayed at home. We went to Corona City's Parade the day before. Then Mike and Angie came over and bbq'ed with us. The girls chased each other around with squirt guns. Us 4 adults enjoyed a nice conversation. Then we had some delicious food and also went to Riverside City's firework display. All in all it was a pleasant day.

The other thing I wanted to mention is this was our 6th year in California. We moved out to Bakersfield 4th of July weekend 2004. Then the following year Justin took his job at Steel Tech in Corona and moved us down a month later. We have officially spent over half our marriage out here in California. It has grown on us and we have truly made our home out here. The friendships that we have made has become our family out here. Although I don't think I will ever find a 4th of July Celebration quite like my lil' home town of Mt. Pleasant. I guess with our friends we can make it at least a little more fun. Plus I can always go back every so often and get my fullfillment. Happy 4th everyone and remember why we still get to celebrate our freedom every year...I give great THANKS to the men and women who put their lives on the line of duty so that we can be free!



Justin and I celebrating our 6th year in California!

Chelsey holding Tink!


Issy singing away..reminded me of the blues brothers a little


Angie and her boyfriend Mike...he is a character!!


Mike surrounded by my girls. But he is used to it. He has 3 of his own.


Riverside City Fireworks Show. It's nice because the park isn't too far from our house. They do a pretty good show.


Kylee and Chelsey laying out and watching the beautiful show above


Ha ha I think Mike looks like a little kid all happy with his sucker in his mouth. I think everyone was enjoying the show.


Our family at Riverside fireworks.


My love and I enjoying the fireworks!


Issy is a little scared of the fireworks. So I held her close and then she was ok.


Gorgeous Finale!

Angie was about to head home so I figured I would grab one last pic with her.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like a fun fourth! I got so busy hosting everything at my house I forgot to take pictures lol!