Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thoughts

I know that I usually just post about the girls and also our family activities on here. But today I think I need to just use it as away to express how I have been feeling lately. I've come to the point in my life that I am seriously tired of my weight. I have been getting up 3 to 4 times a week and walking at least 40 minutes. Normally adding that in with a normal diet I have seen results. But for some reason that doesn't seem to be the case this time. Its really depressed me and I just have to keep thinking to myself "DON'T GIVE UP". My thyroid problem plays a mojor role in my weight loss. It always seems to complicate everything in my body. I really would not wish hypothyroidism on anyone. Especially my case, since its such a severe case. I'm looking and researching into what foods would work better for me and what foods are bad for me as well. There has got to be something out there that will work better for me and help me with my weight loss and also help with my thyroid problem. I have been researching and looks like a high fiber diet, more seafood and fish are going to be added in.I'm really hoping this will help me. I wish I could be like other people where they just work out and change to a healthy diet and they see results. But with my hypothyroidism its always a struggle, its never easy. Its hard to be around people who in your eyes are fit, healthy and achieved their weight loss yet they claim they need to lose more or that they feel fat. I sit there and think..gee if you think you are fat, then what do I look like? Its hard to be around family when you are the bigger one and everyone else is not. I'm just done being this way and I am ready to move on. So here is to hoping that things will change and get better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this and cried! jen I can relate so much! I don't have a thyroid problem, but a few years ago I was diagnosed with an ovarian disease and one of the many symptoms are weight gain. Every year since then I have gained more weight and it is so much harder to take it off. I diet and exercise and I don't see any results. My doctor warned me it would be very hard to loose the weight until I had a hysterectomy. I am just not ready to have that major surgery yet so... I deal with the weight and other issues. It is so frustrating and I know how how you feel. It is hard to be around people especially the ones that make comments about how "unhealthy they feel" when in fact they look great. I always have to remind myself that as long as I am trying my best that is all that matters and beauty is so much more than whats on the outside. I think you are a beautiful girl, inside and out, and I have always thought that about you. Just know as you are going through this you have friends that understand and love you. I hope you can someday find something that helps your thyroid... that is certainly not easy to deal with. Good luck with it all and know I am thinkin' of ya!

Wohlwends said...

Wow..thank you so much for sharing that with me. Its a very hard struggle, I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism since i was 5. I've delt with a weight issue all my life but as I get older, yes its very hard to keep it off. I've always thought very highly of you. I think you are a very beautiful person inside and out as well. Thanks for being there for me and sharing your thoughts. I hope both of us can accomplish our goals and dreams in life :)

Julie said...

I am sorry you have been down about this. Hang in there and hopefully you will start to feel better and lose the weight you want.. ALthough I love you just as you are. I am glad to see you post something about you on here though!
I hope you are doing better. Love you girl!

The georgia peach said...

Just read your post i know how you feel and i dont have any health issues that i know of. i work out lots and eat right and dont lose. so your not alone in the weight frustration and struggle. continue to exercise and eat right it will pay off im sure.