Monday, January 26, 2009

In Memory of Grandma


So this morning my little sister called me to give me some bad news. Our loving Grandma Iris, passed away peacefully in her sleep early in the morning. It has been an overwhelming day, getting this piece of sad news and then having to prepare to head back to Utah. It hasn't hit quite home yet, that this is real, and I am sure it won't until I am there with my family. I loved her so much and she was an amazing woman. I lived about 7 miles away from her until I graduated highschool. I spent almost every weekend at her house and always enjoyed listening to her sarcastic comments that she could throw at ya. She was very stubborn, but always was there when you needed her.

My kids loved her so much. They enjoyed staying at her house, playing with her toys, and eating her cookies. She always had cookies for the grandkids and great grandkids. Ky, especially, I know will have a tough time with this. She loved calling Grandma Beth and asking how Granny Great was, and always asking to talk to her.

We love you Grandma, and you will be truly missed. But we know you are much happier now and safe up in heaven with Grandpa. Love you!

In Memory Of Iris Bagley:

This picture was taken the summer of 2006. Grandma's first time holding her great grand child Isabella.

2 comments:

Peacock Family said...

hey jen.. sorry to hear about your grandma.. what a sweet lady.. she definatly left behind a great legacy! hope things go well for you on your trip back home. keep smiling =) just know i'm thinkin about ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh how sad. I am really sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences.
-Becky