Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Walk for Kids Marathon

So a couple of weekends ago I joined a couple of my car scene friends to do a Marathon for the Ronald McDonald House and CHOC. It was called the Walk for Kids. All proceeds went to the R.M.H. and CHOC. Jesse picked me up bright and early at 5:30am. We met with the rest of Team Horton and then went the Arrowhead Pond..(where the Anaheim Ducks play). Then we waited for the Marathon to start. I wasn't sure what to expect and how well I would do for my first one. Our team was split into 3 groups of walkers...Tina and Jennifer..who was out to kill..ha ha. They was really FAST! Jesse and me who were about medium paced walkers. Then Los, Kricket, Lil D, Cheri and Bryan who just took their time. Tina and Jennifer finshed and found the slow group and walked the rest of their marathon with them. Then Jesse and I finshed walked the last Mile with everyone so that we could all "techincally" finish together. So Jesse and I walked about 4 miles in a 3 mile marathon, Tina and Jennifer did about 5 miles in a 3 mile marathon..and the last group did their 3 miles :) It was fun and a great workout. I was glad I could support the charity event and hope to do it again soon :)



Los..are you awake???

Nicholas is ready to go!!

Jennifer, Nicholas and I with the Duck


The CHOC bear pretending to cut the ribbon. One of the CHOC kids actually did cut the ribbon. It was awesome to see and support



Our slower group Bryan, nicholas, Los, Cheri and Kricket


WE ARE WAITING..says Tina and Jen!


Tina and Jen swinging around since they had to wait even more for the last part to come in


Our gang..minus Cheri and me who were taking the pics...
Kricket, Los, Lil D, Jennifer, Tina, Jesse, Bryan and Nicholas in the stroller


Bryan finally finishing the race. I think he could of done it alot faster but was slowed down with some of the other group

No comments: