Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Dad

Saturday was going along just fine, I was curling my hair and getting ready to go to a friends bday party. When my mom called me and delivered some very hard news. My father on Thursday had a massive heart attack. If a friend hadn't made him go get help then I would not have a father with me today. God and an Guardian Angel was watching over him. As most of you know my father is serving time in a federal prison camp. Well we have 5 more months until he gets out and is able to be with us again. When this happened..wow how close to have him back and yet how close we almost lost him. His friend in there urged him to go see medics because of a Chest pain/pressure he was feeling. As he was walking with his friend up there, he doubled over and almost didn't make it when the guards came rushing out. They got him in, got an ambulance and he was sent to the Hospital. They found 2 arteries almost all the way shot, fixed them and he is doing much better. The Dr did tell him that he has no idea how he made it. It was really bad, especially since getting him to the Dr took 1.5 hrs. They also explained that before he was even put in he suffered a heart attack. That was over 5 yrs ago, and yet had no idea he had. I love my dad so much and can't think of what I would of done if it had been the worst case scenario. I know he has done some bad things in his life but that is why he is trying to make things better and take the consequences for his actions. The only thing that made me mad is that there seems to be no inmate rights to at least notify the family of such things happening to the inmate. When he was released Saturday and got back to the camp he then called the family to let us know he had went through that. Otherwise we would of never known. I wonder if worse case scenario when would they have notified us? Really makes me wonder??

Another thought that came to mind was the fact with everything that my father has done..this just goes to show it will bite you in the butt more than one way. The guilt, and stress that he put on himself has created such terrible health. It makes me see that making sure I try to do whats right in my life is very important. I'm very glad though that he is alright and can't wait tell Feburary when we will get to see him again. For him to be a dad, a brother, and a grandpa to his family again. I love you dad so much and glad that you were blessed enough to have someone watching over you.

1 comment:

The georgia peach said...

glad he is doing good and happy you get to see him in February. Hope the time goes by quickly for you.