Thursday, September 30, 2010

West Coast Nationals


Last Thursday we drove out to Parker, Az for our annual West Coast Nationals Truck Run. Our club SunSet puts it on. Our founder Bob has been doing these truck runs for over 30 yrs. West Coast was retired for 10 yrs and then brought back last year. We worked the event last year as well as this year. Its such a fun experiance to work the events and see it from a different point of view. All the ins and outs that we have to go through. The women usually work in the office taking care of Registration and such. I spent most of my time in there helping Tina (Bob's wife). The other part of my job is taking pics since I am the historian for our chapter. Included in the truck run is just the fun of camping and hanging out with other people and clubs. But Saturday we do a truck/car show. Then that night is party night, with contests of all sorts, and Live DJ from Ro. Sunday is clean up time and Trophies.

I also got to spend my birthday out here. Since I couldn't be with my family back in Utah, what better way than to spend it with my SunSet family. The whole weekend I was given treates, happy birthday wishes, flowers, and Our Antelope Valley chapter (Kasey and Kiel) bought me an ice cream cake. It was so nice to have people show how much I mean to them and how much I am loved. I know not everyone understands this lifestyle, But Justin and I couldn't be happier in it. Being apart of SunSet has been so great, and these guys are truly a family. So here is WCN!

No comments: