Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve I spent the morning baking cookies. I made some sugar cookies, and some peanut butter ones. The girls each helped me by adding an ingrediant. Then our friend Angie came over and spent the afternoon with us. She had gifts for the girls, and Justin & me. The girls loved getting the chance to open some gifts early. We decided to take Angie out to dinner to show our appreciation of her friendship, and everything she has done for us. When Justin and I just need a night away, she is always willing to come and stay with the girls. She has been such a great friend. We can't wait for more memories to come with Angie!

After enjoying dinner, we came back to the house and Angie stayed long enough to watch the girls open our christmas eve tradition presents. Every year I get the girls christmas p.j.'s and they get to open them on christmas eve. My mom did that with my siblings and I when we were young and it was something I wanted to hold onto. Something that always makes me think of my mom and my christmas's as a child. This year we did it a little different. My sister has made pajama bottoms in the past for the girls, and they had grown out of them and requested some more. So for their present she made them each a pair. I thought what better way to make them more special, than to have them be the "christmas pajama's". So I bought a top that would match each of their bottoms and then put it with them. The girls loved them so much. They get sad when I actually have to take them away and wash them..ha ha.

After that Angie left and went home. We watched Ice Age with the girls and then got cookies and egg nogg set out for Santa. We put them to bed, although it was rather hard since they were excited for the next morning. But we finally got them to sleep. It was a great Christmas Eve shared with family and friends.





Kylee opening her gifts from Angie





Our Friendship ornament that Angie gave to us.






The girls opening their gifts from Angie.











No comments: