Monday, December 1, 2008

That Black Friday Shopping


Its that time of year again. Its been a tradition that my mom started with me back before I even had kids to go out real early on black friday and hit the sales. So I have continued on with the tradition and went out once again. I decided this year to try and hit two stores real early. So I got up at 3:30am and got ready. I left the house around 3:45 and got there at 4am. The line at walmart was already wrapped around to the backside of the building. Where I stood was directly middle part of the back half of building. Obviously the economy didn't effect everyone's shopping too bad. I love doing this every year. I know the lines are crazy, but it gets me in the spirit. I always find people in line to chat with. We talk about our hot items we're going after, the years before that we have went and our experiances. This year I had a 3 generation group. There was a grandma, her daughter, and the granddaughter. They were alot of fun to chat with. The grandma kept giving her daughter such a hard time about things. The daughter was trying very hard to be serious and have a plan for the shopping, but grandma and grand-daughter just poked fun. The doors opened at 5, and I went in. I was able to find some of the stuff I wanted but not all. I quickly decided that I would purchase these things and continue with my other shopping. So I got out of there and headed for Target. I was in line and ready once again at 5 to 6am. So spent a couple minutes chatting with a few other people in line and then the doors opened. I was able to get everything I wanted in there except one dvd. One of Chelsey's items for christmas I went to get at the start and there was no more. So I continued with my shopping and then remembered I had to get one more thing up in the toy area, as I went back...They had re-stocked the shelves! So I was able to get her gift afterall. I was so happy. I was out of there and back home by 7:20am. Justin had just gotten up and the kids were starting to wake up too. After I told him how well I did, I slipped back to bed and slept for a couple hours....another black friday come and gone!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, you are brave. I did that once, and will never again!

Julie said...

whew! sounds exhausting..
wait!!!!!!!!! I was one of those people too except I didn't get everything I wanted, and well I stood in the freeeezing rain at 4 am @ toys r us..lol
I am not sure if I will ever do it again.. I was pretty tired after that and lol... Aaron didn't buy into letting me go back to sleep...
oh well maybe next year I'll make him go and he'll have better compassion for it. lol!