Thursday, May 5, 2011

HMMM....

So on Monday I went to the hospital to get the final bill and also get paperwork on a charity program to help us out. Knowing I didn't have insurance when this happened I expected a rather larger bill. However when told it was 100,802.00, that blew me away. I about threw up on the lady. It made me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. So I told her I would be making a payment on Thursday and got the rest of the paperwork I needed. So skip to today.... I go in there and tell her I have a payment for her. Then she processes everything and says would you like to see your balance now? I was like yeah, and I need the receipt anyways. I knew that my payment wasn't going to make a dent into that large one..but whatever! So she gives me the bill and after my payment and also uninsured discounts, and such.. it was dropped down to 28,472. I was like...WoW! That is a huge differance and a big relief on my end. Plus the paperwork still has not gone through for the Charity program.

My question is this... Why give you that HUGE amount when they know that the hospital is going to take most of that cost away. Because obviously they know you aren't going to be able to pay it. Do they like to see you sick? Do they like to see you in more emotional pain? I have no idea, but its another reason why I hate the medical field!

No comments: