Sunday, May 1, 2011

Priceless Lesson!

We have had a week from Hell here! On Easter sunday were enjoying our day with the girls and a couple friends. Justin started having pains in his back that was killing him. Then it proceeded to affect his stomach. We thought he was dealing with the stomach flu. It took him out for a couple days and by Wed we decided it was no longer the stomach flu, but something else. It was a pain on his upper right stomach penetrating to his back. We went to the ER, and after a long time in there spoke with a surgeon who suggested Justin stay and have surgery in the morning to remove his Gallbladder. Bad thing was our insurance didn't kick in until the 1st of May. I tried talking to the Dr about the possiblity of him waiting until then, but the Dr acted like he needed to do it now. So Thursday morning I sent my Husband off to what was suppose to be routine laperscopic surgery to remove his GallBladder. It was only suppose to last an hour and a half. He went in at 9:45am, and by 12:30 I began to panic. I had not heard one thing from anyone. Finally after 1pm I told he was out in recovery. Somehow I missed the Dr and did not find out the details of the surgery. This sent me into a panic. One I didn't know what he went through, two the financial department started contacting me telling me where we sat on the bills, and three my girls were worried and could not see their dad. I also had planned a trip to Utah to see my baby sister graduate college. I was suppose to leave friday morning for that. As I sat there having a million different things go through my mind, it became overwhelming and I broke down. I felt bad for a mom at the school who had to come across me at the wrong time, and listen to my sobs. I also freaked my mom out when I called her and wouldn't stop crying. She had invisioned the worst. After going back to the Hospital I saw Justin, made the desicion to not go to Utah. Found out he went through the Evasive surgery, where they had to cut him open. From there it was a process to take one thing at a time. By Saturday they released him to go home, everything is looking really good and now just recovering. But we did find out finally from the Dr how bad it was. They tried the laperscopic way, but found out they couldn't do it. So they cut him open and delt with a very bad, inflamed gallbladder. The Dr basically said, It had been bad for a long time and he doesn't know how Justin didn't feel it. He also said, he didn't know how long Justin would of held on either. The Gallbladder was close to bursting and causing SERIOUS problems. I look back at all the anxiety and stress, especially with the money and realize you can't put a pricetag on someone's life especially one you love so much. I've went through so many emotions this past week, but the one that is the strongest is how much I truly am blessed to still have my Husband by my side.

No comments: