Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thoughts

This last week I learned that where I thought I stood with a friendship maybe wasn't so. Don't you ever wonder if what you put into a friendship and how you feel about that person is the same with them... A close friend last December purposed to his girlfriend and she said yes. He did tell me then that he had gotten engaged. But from there on I tried to stay in contact and find out the details on the wedding. They hadn't really planned much, alot to do with financial costs. Well last week while on facebook I learned that they were getting married on Halloween. I was surprised that he had not contacted me to let me know. One because I had made it clear that If I could I would want to be there, and two because Oct. 31st is also a day that both of us lost someone who was close to us. So we tend to think of each other on that particular day. I have to say yes I was hurt by the fact that I guess I wasn't thought of. I do wish them the best of luck and a great marriage. Just wish I could of helped celebrate the occaision with them. I always hope that the friendships I make, that those people know how much I appreciate them for being in my life and how much I love them. I would never want them wondering if they really mean something to me or how important they are to me. I will continue to make sure that the people that are in my life know how much I love them and are happy they are in it.

No comments: