Monday, June 29, 2009

San Diego with Auntie K and Uncle Steve!!

This weekend we had the oppurtunity to meet Auntie Kathleen and Uncle Steve in San Diego. We went down Saturday around noon and mett up with them at the Hyatt hotel we stayed at. They treated us to a fabulous weekend of relaxing, sun and fun!. I will have to do a couple posts on this trip. We did so much stuff while down there and so many cute, and awesome pictures was taken.

So to start off we met them and got checked in, then we went and checked out the pool. We had a couple drinks poolside with them. Then we went down to Seaport Village, and off for a nice long walk to dinner at Anthony's Fish Grotto...MMMM. After we got back we got ready for some night swimming, and smores at the poolside firepits. Smores was a nice dessert to finish off the night!



The girls in the lobby of the Hyatt Hotel in San Diego. They are super excited for their weekend ahead!



Checking into the Hyatt. Can you see the excitement in Auntie K's face!


When we were down at Seaport Village a balloon man made some cute balloon shapes for the girls. Kylee asked for Ariel, Issy got a heart with a flower in it, and Chelsey got a bike..I know a bike crazy! The girls loved it though..


Issy loing the tables at Seaport Village. They were colorful, and girly!


We found ants eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches..how crazy and cute.


The girls by some huge kites in the park.


After walking through Seaport Village we walked down the harbor to Anthony's fish grotto for some food. On the way there we saw some awesome statues and historic ships. This is the famous "Kiss' statue. It reminds me of My grandpa Royal heading out to sea when he was in the Navy and kissing my grandma Iris goodbye.


Look at that view. It is so pretty and gorgeous down in San Diego. You have the USS Midway, the sunset, and some beautiful trees. Gorgeous!

Justin and I in front of the USS Midway. It is the longest standing service ship in the U.S.. It service was from 1946-1992. Now it is a museum down at the harbor.

Issy enjoying her smore by the fire. We just finished swimming and Auntie grabbed some Smore supplies and we all sat down by the firepit and enjoyed them. It was funny because Auntie was so excited to do this. So after we started roasting the marshmellows she asked" Ok now what?"
I said "haven't you ever had a smore?". She said laughingly "No". I about fell off my chair. She was so excited to make one, but hadn't the slightest clue how. I showed her the way and then we all enjoyed them. We all ended with our tummy's full and sticky fingers.

1 comment:

Robin T. said...

I can't wait to have my own smores this weekend out camping! I think that is the coolest hotel to have firepits out by the pool. WOW, I can't believe Auntie K hasn't ever had a smore! GOTTA LOVE Smores...HEY one tip I saw at the grocery store was to try a Reeses peanut butter cup in the middle instead of the Hershey Chocolate bar. TRY IT!! I AM!!! You all look so relaxed! can't wait to see more!