Monday, October 27, 2008

Council Run

So like I have said, one of Justin's hobbies is to modify his car and go show it at car shows. It's a hobby that releaves his stress as well as giving him some male bonding time. We all know that he needs that.. So this last weekend we got a friend to watch the girls so that we could get away and attend Council Run. For those of you who don't know what this is..let me explain. Council is a bunch of the car clubs in So. California that get together once a month for meetings to talk about previous and future shows, charities, and other events. Its away for us all to come together and see the different types of clubs and just overall have more friends. Every year Council puts together a 3 day run. We go and camp out, one day they have a car/truck show and the rest of the time we just hang out and have fun. Now of course these runs are mostly made up of "mini truckers" so things tend to get a little crazy..lol. They play lots of games, usually some sort of drinking game..Its fun to just stand back and watch these people and laugh at them making a complete fool of themselves..lol. Justin and i had so much fun, it was relaxing to get away and leave all our stress behind. Something I have been needing for awhile. Justin also walked away with 1st place in his class which is 4-door compact. We were very happy to receive our trophy and the recognition it brings to Justin and his hard work.
While there I tried very hard to make myself known and not just as Justin's wife. We have been apart of Council for a couple years now, and these people seem like an awesome group. But everytime I am present, I tend to shy up and just cling to Justin. This is one of my short comings that I wish I could change about myself. I wish I had the same self confidence as my husband has. Just to be able to walk into a group and talk to whoever and say whatever without worrying about what they think of me. I idolize this about my sweetheart. So this weekend I really tried. I still spent most of the time next to Justin, but when listening to people and the different conversations I did really try to join in. I came away from this weekend, with more friends, people knowing ME and not just as "Justin's wife", more knowledge on the workings of a "run", and also more knowldege on clubs and their tradtions. That is one thing I have came to realize. The different car clubs become a family in it self. They carry their own tradtions, rules, and they are very charity driven. If one of us was to get hurt or something bad was to happen, there is not one person in this car scene that wouldn't come help. Even though we are all made up of different "clubs" we all join together and make a big family. Of like every family there is some rivalery..lol. There are certain clubs that you keep at a distance from others..better that way..lol But all in all we had a good time. Our camp was one of the littler ones. There was Justin and I sharing with our friend Bryan and his lil Brother Tyler. But we spent a good amount of time hanging out with some good friends in another club, and also with the Council Officers. Here is a couple pics from the weekend. Oh..before I forget..Justin has never been a camper. This was basically his first experiance "tenting it" and might I say..I was very proud of him. He acted as if he had been camping all his life.

Chilling around the campfire saturday night. Jason, Mikey, Justin and a lil bit of Bryan.
Bryan and his lil Bro Tyler goofing around while cooking some lunch for us
Packing up to go home..Love my cold weather outfit.
We are happy about our win, and ready to head Home!
Justin receiving his 1st place trohpy
Our camp
Setting up Friday night in the dark...Not so Easy!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like a good time..
I remember the first time I met you in beauty school. you were shy.. its funny that you meantion that.. but I don't think so now and for some reason I have hard time envisioning you like that. But good for you and congrats to Justin!
Yeah