Thursday, October 9, 2008

Haircuts from the Girls!

Ok well I learned my lesson from blogging during the middle of the day. So just as I had finished blogging about my lovely morning making pancakes, my kids decided to give me something else to blog about.
So I just had finished my last blog and had decided to check my email and that before doing some wife/mother duties. When Issy asked me to do her hair. She brought me the spray bottle and little rubberbands. Then I asked her to bring me a comb. She went and retrieved the comb for me. Much to my surprise it was full of hair. Issy hair!! I looked at it, and could tell that it had been cut. So then I sadly went through her hair to see where it came from. When I found it. As I combed on her right side a bunch more hair came out:(
It ended up being a small little section about 1/2 inch wide and cut about an inch from her scalp...I know it could of been so much worse! With Issy's hair you can't even see it. She has so much, that it won't be missed..lol. Just made me a little sad. I thought that was the end to the scissor saga. I found the scissors she used and took them away. End of story, right? Nope, unfortunately it wasn't!
Justin came home a little bit after that to eat lunch. When he walked in, I told Issy to tell daddy what she did.
This was Issy's response "nuttin, daddy" with a big smile! Justin just laughed and said ok,"What did she do?"
I proceeded to explain what she did and how I discovered it. At that point of time, Kylee decided to venture out from the toyroom, where she had QUIETLY been playing and watching cartoons. Yes I know..for all of you who are parents..when kids are quiet is when they are at their most troublesome times. Kylee walked into the room and right away I looked and said, whats going on with your bangs. Some of her hair was kind of sticking up in front like a wave effect. Thats when it hit me..AGAIN. Kylee had cut her bangs. Right in the dead center front!
We asked her what happened, and at first she tried to say Issy had cut her hair. But then we asked her again and she finally fessed up. This was the conversation with Kylee:

Kylee: Ok, ok I cut my hair
Mom: Why Ky, why would you do that?
Kylee: because Issy started it
Dad: Kylee your older, you should of known better
Kylee: but Issy brought the scissors to me, she started it
Mom: Kylee why didn't you bring me the scissors when Issy showed them to you?
Kylee: Oh I didn't think about that!
Dad: Well at least she is honest...lol

After that little speech, we had a hard time keeping a straight face. Kylee has always been known for those one-liners, little sayings, or just out right bold honesty! So from all of this, none of it is really that fixable. Issy's will grow, and not even be noticed by all her hair. While Kylee will have some wonderful pictures in the near future, with an interesting hairstyle. That is until they are long enough to trim and make her bangs look better. Sad thing with Kylee is we have worked so hard to grow her hair out since her alopecia case a year ago. Oh well back to square one...at least with the bangs...lol

Needless to say, all of my blogging will be done later in the evening for now on...lol

Ok this really doesn't show her cut job to well. But it was the best I could do. Its about the center area of her right side. A small little cut, but 1 inch from the roots. So what we see is a little bit of what she cut, the small pieces is what would normally be her long hair :(
Issy's long hair that I pulled out from combing through the area...So sad!
This is Kylee's bangs. Now they are so much shorter...lol
Here is a side view of Kylee's bangs that she cut. She did a nice little number on herself..lol
Her bangs at one point where down to her eyebrows, now they are different lengths. Ranging from barely pinchable to about an inch long.



3 comments:

The Beck Bunch said...

Lol.......I'm sorry I shouldn't laugh but like I said before, we've all been there either the one cutting or own hair or the recepient of the haircut(me). At least they didn't shave it like my friends little girl.(she ended up having to shave the whole thing), it was terrible. I'm sure you can come up with some sort of cute short hairstyle......that's your fort'e. hang in there girl;)

Julie said...

LOL! sorry Jen I know I shouldn't be laughing, mostly because that means my kids will probably do it to... but more over.. Ammon has a fetish with getting out the knoves lately... and he trys to stab the couches... so I feel your pain.. in all seriousness its not fun... but kinda funny and someday she'll probably regret it cuz she'll be teased about it..
Such is life though..
ttyl

Becky said...

:) They just want to be hairstylist like you right...
Your girls are really cute!