Sunday, October 5, 2008

Issy is a Big Girl!



So for the last two weeks Isabella has been potty-training. Two weeks ago I decided that I was done with diapers. I was NOT going to buy another box of them. I took Issy with me to Walmart and let her pick out a small pack of panties. She chose Dora, and was so excited. I then picked up another generic brand that was bigger. This way she got to pick out the ones she wanted, and also have a bunch to start out with. I told her...no more diapers, put on them panties and that was it.

The first two days were tough. She would leak and then come tell me. I went through so many panties that in those two days..lol. But if I was to put her in a pull-up, she viewed it as a diaper and just didn't care if she went in it. So the extra laundry was worth it. Over the course of the first week, she got the hang of it, and now knows when she has to go. She has even conquered going #2. Naps and nightime are still in pull-ups. I am just trying to get during the day completed. I believe I pretty much have her potty-trained!! Yay for Issy! She loves being a big girl and having her cute, pretty, and vibrant panties. She loves to show them off to our close friends. She is so proud that she is like her sisters.

Some of you know that Issy is a huge juice drinker. Ok its more a sugar-free kool-aid, but to Issy its juice. Well since potty-training, she doesn't drink as much and we have been able to get rid of Sponge Bob(her sippy cup). She drinks from a big girl cup and is now drinking more water as well from it..so thats a big Plus. Over all we are very proud of Issy! She wanted to share with everyone, what a big girl she is!

1 comment:

Becky said...

yay for potty training! I bet that is a relief for you.